What is the CCPA?
This Act grants California consumers 5 new rights in respect to their personal data:
- Consumers will have the right to request disclosure of your business data collection and sales practices of this data.
- Consumers will have the right to request a copy of the specific personal information collected about them during the 12 months before their request.
- Consumers will have the right to have personal information deleted.
- Consumers will have the right to request that their personal information not be sold to third parties.
- Consumers will have the right not to be discriminated against because they exercised any of the new rights.