Servicengine Online Privacy Statement
What Personal Information Does Servicengine Collect?
- We may collect personal information about you from the information you provide to us when you fill out an application or other forms on our site. This information may include:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
Why Is My Personal Information Collected?
- If you fill out a form on our site, we may ask for a variety of information to help us communicate with you and evaluate the product or services that may be right for you.
- Also, if you choose to share any personal information with us, we may store it and use it for our own marketing research and the marketing of our products and services to you.
When Is Personal Information About Me Collected Online?
- We collect personal information about you when you fill out forms on our site and when you register through registration web pages.
- Our websites may make use of “cookie” technology to measure site activity and to customize information to your personal tastes. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. Subsequently, when you come back to visit us again, we can tailor information to suit your individual preferences. The goal is to save you time and provide you with a more meaningful visit.
- When you visit our site, we may collect and store information about your visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis. We use this information to measure site activity and to develop ideas for improving our site. This information may include: time and length of your visit; web pages you look at on our site; the web site you visited just before coming to ours and the name of your Internet service provider.
Do You Share Personal Information About Me?
- In certain circumstances, we may share information about you with other companies so that we may provide you with the products and services you have requested. We will provide personally-identifiable data to governmental authorities only as required to do so by law.
- Any company with which we share information about you for the above purposes is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards. We may disclose information about you as required or permitted by law. We do not sell information about you to anyone.
How Can I Review, Change, or Correct Information You Collect?
- We are committed to maintaining accurate and up-to-date information on all of our customers. We may provide you with access to account information in different ways, for example, over the telephone, online, or on paper.
- If you are a current customer and have registered for online access through our web sites, you may be able to update information such as: your address, telephone number, email address, user name, password, and secret question online.
How Do You Protect Personal Information?
- We restrict access to the information obtained from our web sites and web pages to our employees and contractors. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information.
How Do I Contact Servicengine If I Have Questions About This Privacy Statement?
- Please contact us directly at Info@servicengine.com for additional information.
Will Servicengine Make Changes To This Privacy Statement?
- This statement is effective 06/11/2016 and remains in effect until amended. Servicengine reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement or alter its privacy principles at its sole discretion without notice to you. Any alterations to this Privacy Statement or our privacy principles will be posted on our website in a timely manner.
Is my personal information collected and/or managed differently if I am outside of the United States?
- This Privacy Statement governs Servicengine and all personal information used to fill out an application or other forms on this site, regardless of your location. Additional information about the Data Privacy Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union, the UK and Switzerland to the United States can be found below.
- Additional information about the Data Privacy Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union, the UK and Switzerland to the United States can be found below.
EU-US Data Privacy Framework and Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework
Servicengine designs, develops and licenses employee relocation Software to its Clients, including those who have offices located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK and/or Switzerland. Personal Information may be collected by Servicengine and/or Clients in support of their relocation policy and/or business operations. Our Software supports our Clients in managing the Personal Information of their employees, clients and service providers. While Servicengine does not have control over the internal business practices of our Clients as relates to this personal data, we do provide the Software tools to maintain and help protect this data.
Servicengine respects individual privacy and values the confidence of our Clients, their employees, customers and business partners. We strive to maintain the integrity of our Software with the highest levels of data protection and application security standards. We uphold the highest ethical standards in our business practices. Servicengine adheres to the Top Ten rules of OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project).
The following Policy sets forth the framework, practices and procedures of Servicengine Corporation in its compliance with EU-US Data Privacy Framework (DPF) , including the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and Swiss-US DPF.
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
“Agent” means any third party that encounters, collects or uses Personal Information under the instructions of, and for Servicengine.
“Client” means any customer of Servicengine, located in the EEA, for whom we license our Software and includes the clients of our Clients.
“Employee” means any individual employed by or under contract to Servicengine.
“Servicengine” means Servicengine Corporation, its predecessors, successors, subsidiaries, divisions and groups in the United States.
“Software” means the Servicengine Software, including all extended modules and encompassing the code and related materials and documentation.
“Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of Servicengine to identify an individual. Personal Information does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal Information.
EU-US AND SWISS-US DATA PRIVACY FRAMEWORK POLICY
Servicengine is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
The EU-US Data Privacy Framework, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework Policies (the “Policy”) apply to all Personal Information received by Servicengine from the EEA, the UK or Switzerland, in any format, including electronic, paper or verbal.
Please note that Servicengine does not have control over the business policies and practices of our Clients or the use they may make of Personal Information.
In-connection with its Software, Servicengine provides product development services, hosting services, solution engineering services, professional technical services, data migration services, and product technical support services (collectively “Services”) to its hosted and non-hosted Clients in the EEA, the UK and Switzerland through Employees who may be in the U.S. These U.S.-based employees may encounter, access or review Personal Data to provide Services to our Clients located in the EEA, the UK or Switzerland. Examples of personal data include Name, Address, Bank Information, Employee ID, Salary, Phone Numbers and SSN. Servicengine uses appropriate methods to secure all personnel and sensitive information, including restricting access to such information only to those who have a specific need to know to perform a job function, securing access methods to where the information is managed, and the use of technical or physical controls to secure the information.
Servicengine does not itself collect Personal Information directly from individuals in the EEA, the UK or Switzerland. To the extent the Software receives, stores, or processes Personal Information from our Clients in the EEA, the UK or Switzerland, we use and disclose such information in accordance with the notices provided by our Clients, only if consistent with the EU-US, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework Principles.
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THIRD PARTY AGENTS:
Servicengine may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Servicengine takes reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Servicengine adheres to its own internal Information Security Management System Secure Media Management Policy for handling and processing of Client data.
DATA INTEGRITY AND PURPOSE LIMITATION:
Servicengine does not use Personal Information provided to our Clients. When directed by our Clients to process such information, Servicengine uses Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Servicengine takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
RIGHT TO ACCESS:
Servicengine acknowledges the right of EU, UK and Swiss individuals to access their personal data pursuant to the Data Privacy Framework and will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information it received pursuant to these Principles. In addition, Servicengine will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete such information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. An individual may request to access his or her information, or otherwise correct, amend, or delete his or her information pursuant to the EU-US, the UK Extension and Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework Principles by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENFORCEMENT AND LIABILITY:
Servicengine conducts compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Policy. Any employee that Servicengine determines is in violation of this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, Servicengine commits to cooperate and comply respectively with the advice of the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved complaints concerning our handling of human resources data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF in the context of the employment relationship.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, Servicengine commits to refer unresolved complaints concerning our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF to BBB National Programs, an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your DPF Principles-related complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your DPF Principles-related complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/programs/all-programs/dpf-consumers/ProcessForConsumers for more information or to file a complaint. The services of BBB National Programs are provided at no cost to you.
If your DPF complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/article/G-Arbitration-Procedures-dpf?tabset-35584=2
LIMITATION ON APPLICATION OF PRINCIPLES:
Adherence by Servicengine to these EU-US, UK Extension and Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework Principles may be limited (a) to the extent required to respond to a legal or ethical obligation; (b) to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest or law enforcement obligations; (c) to the extent expressly permitted by an applicable law, rule or regulation; and (d) to the extent that Servicengine has limited or no control over the actions of its Clients regarding use of Personal Information that they have collected.
Questions or comments regarding this Policy should be submitted to the Servicengine by mail to:
Servicengine Corporation Inc.
100 Reserve Road, Suite B3
Danbury, CT 06810
Or by e-mail to email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS DATA PRIVACY FRAMEWORK POLICY
This Policy may be amended from time to time, consistent with the requirements of the EU-US and Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework Principles. A notice will be posted on the Servicengine web site https://servicengine.com/ for 60 days whenever this EU-US and Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework Policy is changed in a material way.